Puissance (sage study)
The title based on the magical item, the Manual of Puissant Skill at Arms, the study describes a collection of enhanced weapon skills and combat proficiencies that enable the individual to act as a stronger individual combatant. Many of these adjustments are minor and limited to specific weapons and specific circumstances, but on the whole the training the study gives to a combatant will increase prowess at arms.
- Close Drop (sage ability): reduces the likelihood that combatants will drop a weapon outside of the hex in which they are fighting.
- Gain Proficiency (sage ability): character begins with one more proficiency than is otherwise normal.
- Hereditary Weapon I (sage ability): character receives a +1 bonus to-hit when using the most familiar weapon of their place of birth.
- Shield as a Weapon (sage ability): enables the character to use the shield as a weapon, causing 1d4 damage per hit.
- Strengthened Arm (sage ability): the character is able to hurl weapons a greater distance than normal.
- Draw Speed (sage ability): decreases the penalty incurred by firing a bow more quickly, while improving the time in which a crossbow can be loaded.
- Feint (sage ability): the art of causing an enemy to move towards a hex where the combatant does not wish to be.
- Hereditary Weapon II (sage ability): character receives a +1 bonus to-hit and a +1 bonus to damage when using the most familiar weapon of their place of birth.
- Main-gauche (sage ability): the use of a dagger, rather than a shield, in parrying attacks.
- Precise Hit: enables the character to break an enemy's weapon or shield as desired.
- Reduced Proficiency Penalty (sage ability): the combatant's proficiency penalty is lessened by 1 point.
- Berserking (sage ability): enables the combatant to berserk if reduced to 1 hit point or less.
- Improved Dual-wielding (sage ability): reduces the penalties in fighting with two weapons of various types.
- Off-handed Cast (sage ability): enables the combatant to throw a hurled weapon equally well with either hand.
- Full Berserk (sage ability): the character is able to berserk at will for a brief period.