Empowerment (sage study)
Empowerment is a sage study in the fields of Skulduggery and Training, training the mind to act wholly in concert with the body. This allows the character to strive more fully towards achievement and success. Participants in the study are able to enhance their performance or act in ways that promote success ahead of all other considerations, including self-preservation. With concentration, perseverance and sacrifice, the goal becomes ultimately attainable.
The sage abilities below are those acquired by a character through the study, according to status.
- Affirmation: prepare the mind and body to persevere against forces that would require a saving throw.
- Concentration: improves the body's performance in moments when the character has the freedom to fixate upon the goal.
- On Guard: ensures that a guard on duty has only a 1 in 6 chance of being surprised.
- Standard Bearer: offers greater resolve to fellow combatants during battle.
- Great Leap: enables a slashing attack downwards from a height, for greater momentum and damage.
- Trick-shooting: ability to attack with minimal accuracy using mirrors and other tricks.
- Roar Defiance: a refusal to submit even to hit point loss, injury or death, enables the character with negative hit points to temporarily restore 5 hit points for 5 rounds, and remain conscious until taken down by death itself.